Anyone who has sat relaxing in a warm sunny garden will appreciate the value of hedges. Whether formal stately boundary markers, or plants alive with scent and sound, hedges give privacy, shelter from cold winds, and a secluded peaceful place ‘far from the madding crowd’.
We list here 10 good reasons to grow hedges.
- Create a sheltered sun trap.
- Shelter a play area
- Helps to stop the trampoline blowing away
- Shelter for the kitchen garden
- Privacy from neighbours.
- Set boundaries to your property.
- Help reduce noise from traffic.
- Create a wildlife corridor
- Create a wildlife larder
- Build an outdoor room